Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The word remnant

 

Exodus 26:12

King James Version

12 And the remnant that remaineth 

of the curtains of the tent, 

the half curtain that remaineth, 

shall hang over the backside 

of the tabernacle.


Early in school, we were taught the word "remnant".

At least, in a subject called "Practical Arts".

Wherein we were taught how to sew, knit, and do crafts.

We were taught to collect remnants of old fabrics.

We'd stitch, or crochet them at four ends, creating center pieces.

Now, if you were really diligent, you can even make a table cover.

Or a bed cover.

All because of those "remnants".


When I was blessed to have a shop of my own in the mid-90s, I looked to the remnants again.

I collected scraps of handwoven cloth, had these sewn to form a long curtain.

Which beautifully draped my shop's fitting room.

People loved the idea, and even bought the curtain.

It was actually one of the last items I would sell, for I loved "scraps".

I found scraps to have character.


In my economical mind, I don't want to waste a thing.

GOD, who created us, had a fantastic brain.

Imagine how He created.

Remember our composition?

That's why He wants to save everyone.

2 Peter 3:9

King James Version

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, 

as some men count slackness; 

but is longsuffering to us-ward, 

not willing that any should perish, 

but that all should come to repentance.


Only thing, many are willful, and hard-hearted.

But it's all been prophesied, you see.

All this blindness of Israel.

And the future of Gentiles.

In accordance with GOD's plan of salvation.

Romans 11:25

King James Version

25 For I would not, brethren, 

that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, 

lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; 

that blindness in part is happened to Israel, 

until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.


Everything will even out, according to GOD's plan.

We shared the verses on "The LEVANT prophecy", on what will happen to Judah, and Jerusalem, for their idolatry.

We also shared the verses showing GOD's wrath, upon those who oppress Israel.

And yet, GOD has saved a remnant:

Zephaniah 3:13

King James Version

13 The remnant of Israel 

shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; 

neither shall a deceitful tongue be found 

in their mouth: 

for they shall feed and lie down, 

and none shall make them afraid.


I haven't really looked into the "remnant", till now.

SPIRIT fed me the idea last night.

Now, we're creating this 100th blog.

I am my own first student.

I check, counter-check, and then share with you.

Most of all, I pray to know, to understand, and for clarity.

JESUS always sends an answer.

Through a verse, or verses.

Even a whole chapter.

Scripture has all the answers.


Merriam-Webster defines "remnant" as:

: a usually small part, member, or trace remaining

: a small surviving group —often used in plural


And so shall it be.

Israel will have her remnant.

According to GOD's will.

Now, we turn to symbolism.

How Old Testament "remnants" were put to good use by GOD.

Turn to this next post.


Related material:

The LEVANT prophecy


Image: Clipart Library


On GOD's remnant

  Isaiah 10:21 King James Version 21 The remnant shall return,  even the remnant of Jacob,  unto the mighty God . Who are the remnant of Isr...